Terms and Conditions for Funding Support for Clinical Experience Programs
- Before applying, the applicant must have completed the mentioned clinical experience and should have received proof of completion
- The applicant must have received written pre-approval from the College of Medicine to participate in the mentioned clinical experience.
- The applicant must be registered as a full-time student in the College of Medicine.
- Students who have been previously funded for a clinical experience are not guaranteed funding. It will depend on available funds and number of applicants.
- The Funding Support Program is meant to defray the following costs only – visa costs, air tickets, elective fees and accommodation. Funding will not be covered for food, transportation within the rotation city, including car rental, or any other personal expenses.
- Not all applications are approved. Only those applications that meet all the above criteria and include a reasonable quote will be reviewed and forwarded for approval.
Terms and Conditions for Funding Support for Conference Presentations
The applicant must be registered as a full-time student in the College of Medicine.
The applicant must be an author on the research paper.
The applicant’s affiliation must be College of Medicine, Alfaisal University.
Only one student will be funded for each unpublished abstract. No funding can be requested for an abstract that was already funded earlier or published in any journal.
The research study submitted to the conference must at least be ready for submission to a journal.
The applicant must have no other source of support for attending the conference.
Applications for conference funding should be received, in their entirety, no less than 25 working days prior to the conference start date to provide ample time for processing.
Each student is entitled to only one funding for presenting an abstract in any conference. Only those students who publish their previous presented abstracts in a journal will be excluded from this condition.
The conference funding program is meant to defray the following costs only – visa costs, air tickets, conference registration (not to exceed the student member early bird conference registration rate) and hotel accommodations (either the conference’s recommended hotel or a hotel of equal or lesser value). Funding will not be covered for food, transportation within the conference city, including car rental, or any other personal expenses.
Since funds are limited, funding will cover partially the costs incurred.
Not all applications are approved. Only those applications that meet all the above criteria and include a reasonable quote will be reviewed and forwarded for approval.
Funding Support Program
Complementary to establishing affiliations with hospitals and research centers that provide opportunities for Alfaisal medical students, the International Office, College of Medicine also provides financial support to said students. This extends to senior students participating in external clinical training programs. Eligible students may partially be funded for programs they participate in, with the funds partially covering program fees, accommodation fees, travel fees, and/or visa fees.
Also, students can apply for and may receive partial reimbursement for medical conferences that they attend to present their work in, either locally or internationally. Furthermore, students looking to publish their research papers in esteemed journals can apply for funding as well.
Please make sure to read the terms and conditions below:
Apply to the Funding Support Program